Master in Yacht Design
The Specilizing Master in Yacht Design of the POLI.design – Milan (Italy) collects and consolidates opportunities and resources developed by the University, with particular reference to skills in the fields of industrial design, fluid dynamics, mechanics and materials science.
|Starting Date:||01 February 2021|
The Specilizing Master in Yacht Design of the POLI.design – Milan (Italy) provides the tools for managing the design and construction of sailing and motor boats, from project brief to definition of general plans, hydrostatic and hydrodynamic calculations, fitting-out of interiors, deck and board equipment, boat systems, production in the yard and control of executive stages. Participation in the Specializing Master allows students to achieve the following training goals:
- development of planning skills, in particular problem setting and problem solving skills in the leisure boat market;
- development of specialised technical skills; acquisition of principles and procedures of construction methods and techniques;
- development of skills related to production organisation and shipyard management;
- development of the ability to work in a group and to present oneself with authority in the professional world;
- ability to manage conflicts in the team and to encourage creativity.
Students attending the programme will find employment at yacht design practices or yards and in ancillary industries. The potential fields of professional involvement are: technical office; engineering; project management; production control; quality control; fitting-out; styling; customisation; after sales.
Student from Turkey
Turkish Timur Bozca, student of the XII edition and winner of the international prize Young Designer of the Year 2015 with the project Cauta, sailing boat of 80′. The competition, sponsored by Oceanco, saw the participation of young yacht designers from around the world. Timur’s project won over the jury with its futuristic design of the exterior lines, combined with the choice of a sail plan Dynarig, it was able to create a design of great visual impact.
- Yacht Design
- Design and representation
- Naval Architecture
- On-board Systems and Propulsion Equipment
- Interior Design
- Production process and corporate organisation
- Design workshop