Master in Industrial Design Engineering and Innovation
Becoming Product Designer in Milan today is a recognized value on professionalism.The POLI.design – Milan (Italy), together with its advanced production system and a top-class historic culture, creates for its Master in Industrial Design Engineering and Innovation students access to this value.
|Starting Date:||01 November 2020|
The Specializing Master in Industrial Design Engineering and Innovation at POLI.design – Milan (Italy), directed by Prof. Matteo O. Ingaramo, was created to mold capable designers who can manage the entire development of a new product from the initial concept to the manufacturing stage.
This Specializing Master joins the artistic and humanistic skills belonging to design culture with the technical know-how that relates to production technology, materials, and manufacturing costs. It strives to meet the need to operate in a worldwide landscape of heightened competition where the designer can increase the value of a product by making innovations – in both aesthetics and usability – that take advantage of available technologies. The aim is to train professionals whose creative capacity is matched by technical expertise and awareness in a product’s industrial feasibility.
- Placement may be in design studios that assist in various stages of product development, from concept to engineering.
- Placement at companies from market segments characteristic of Italian industry, such as home appliances, business equipment, lighting, furniture, toys, and childcare products.
- Program graduates who opt for consultancy will find they have enhanced capacity to interact with the entrepreneurial environment.
For me the master was a great opportunity to see, get to know and learn from successful professionals of the world of industrial design and it gave me the opportunity to put into practice and to personally verify the design method, thanks to the laboratories and the internship.
DAVIDE CEVOLI, student of the eighth edition of the Master
- Computer-aided Design (CAD)
- Processes and Criteria for Designing
- Production Processes and Methods
- Financial Evaluation of a Design
- Quality Control and Certification, Patenting
- Materials and Technologies
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Tools for Design-driven Innovation
- English Language