Master in Furniture Design
The Furniture Design Master offered at POLI.design – Milan (Italy) is based on the capacity of Italian companies, working in the furniture industry, to use design as a fundamental lever of competitive advantage and a structural element of corporate culture.
|Starting Date:||30 November 2020|
The Furniture Design programme from POLI.design – Milan (Italy) intends to form knowledgeable designers of the most advanced models of relationship between the product development processes, market dynamics and technological developments. It also intends to complete the training of professionals in R&D, marketing and brand management in the furniture sector, offering them a better understanding of design management skills as a lever to create a competitive advantage.
The master seeks to train international designers for companies and design studios working in the international market, in Italy and abroad. The program trains students for the following roles in the Furniture Industry:
- R&D Managers;
- Designers or Leaders of Product Development Teams;
- Product Engineers or technical experts in the design of furnishing elements;
- Product Portfolio Managers;
- Design Managers or Art/Design Directors;
- Communication and Brand Managers.
I am convinced that the ability to depend on our companies, not only from innate creativity, coupled with the industrial entrepreneurship typical of our country, but more and more from being equipped to face the difficult challenges of the future through study and cultural understanding of the key factors of success in the design world, and I hope that this Specializing Master will make a significant contribution to increasing the quality of the Italian management system.
- 3D Modeling and Rendering
- Introduction to Italian Design, Technologies and Materials
- Italian Furniture Design and Manufacturing
- Ideation and concept design
- New Product Development
- Product Engineering