Master in Design for Public Spaces
The Specializing Master in Design for Public Spaces from POLI.design – Milan (Italy) is a training program for public spaces designers in contemporary cities that comprehend theory, research, design and practical training.
|Starting Date:||30 March 2021|
The Specializing Master in Design for Public Spaces from POLI.design – Milan (Italy) is proposed to train professionals to be able to develop projects of scenarios, processes and forms of open spaces, symbolic places in which the community can recognize itself.
We are experiencing an unprecedented moment of urban and demographic growth and cities are facing important social, economic and cultural issues. We deal with the challenge of shaping spaces that respond to new collective needs and offer multiple opportunities for use.
The program allows students to qualify to work in the private and public sector, both as freelance consultants and as integrated in complex organizations such as:
- architectural firms, engineering companies, urban infrastructure design companies
- companies operating in the production of materials, furnishings, equipment for outdoor spaces
- agencies operating in the development of strategies for communication and urban marketing
- agencies operating in the sector of cultural enhancement or organization of events
- companies operating in the redevelopment and enhancement of abandoned tertiary and commercial industrial areas
- public administrations acting as managers of public works and urban furniture
- associations and non-profit organizations that operate internationally in urban regeneration processes or in developing contexts.
Prof. ALBA CAPPELLIERI
Scientific Director of the Specializing Master in Fashion Tech
- Design for Contemporary Urban Interiors
- Equipment and furniture, materials and technologies
- Public space and social engagement: processes and action
- Events and temporary settings
- Fundamentals of Public Space
- New Technologies and Public Space