Master in Design for Food
Design for Food at POLI.design – Milan (Italy) integrates extensive design skills with thematic and specific competences in the food area, related to humanities, gastronomic sciences, engineering and food technology.
|Starting Date:||01 January 2021|
Design for Food at POLI.design – Milan (Italy) provides a wide-ranging designing capacity on process and tools for the design of the food product-service system and a series of specific thematic in-depth useful for the understanding of culture, sociological and anthropological factors and also scientific and technological. As a whole, it provides an explanatory and comprehensive overview of food systems, from agricultural production to food processing, from distribution to consumption, from planning to recycling in a circular economy perspective.
The Specializing Master trains design and consulting profiles who are able to integrate creative and operational skills, through the development of hard and soft skills, which train participants to work in multidisciplinary teams, in competitive and highly strategic contexts, in quick and dynamic private and public organizations.
The opportunities for graduates to enter the job market are many and can be articulated according to different fields and roles that correspond to the different areas in which the food sector is expressed “from field to table”. For example we can list:
- experts in research and innovation in agricultural companies food processing and service production
- consultants, professionals and experts in strategic and sustainable innovation in the food and distribution sector _ consultants and operators who are experts in food policies and strategies within public, private and third sector organisations or research centres
- independent entrepreneurs able to create start-ups
- operators and curators who design and implement events and initiatives for territorial, entrepreneurial, cultural and social promotion
- Frontal lessons: aimed to introduce the main themes of study and the acquisition of tools and methodologies for analysis and design development; the lessons are held by a Faculty with professors from the Politecnico di Milano and the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Pollenzo, in addition to qualified external professionals;
- Workshop: “hands-on” activities developed in studio (also in collaboration with external companies) aimed at the application of tools and methodologies for the development of product-service ideas;
- Study Tour: educational trips aimed to approach the topics dealt with, through experiences applied to real contexts in the food sector;
- Internship: 470 hours of training experience in a partner reality of the Master or suggested directly by the participants in agreement with the coordination of the Master;